Two gunmen attacked a mosque in the Christchurch area of New Zealand. Although it claimed that 27 people were killed, the security forces have so far confirmed the news. However, the BBC’s CEO Nizam Uddin Chowdhury said,
The Bangladeshi players in the country are safe because they are communicated through social media. The players of Bangladesh National Cricket team were practicing at the Haggeli Oval ground in Christchurch. After the practice, they went to the mosque to read the Friday prayers. The players got there and the terrorists attacked in the mosque.
The area has been issued a strict warning on the incident near the mosque in the Christchurch area.
“A serious and evolving situation is occurring in Christchurch with an active shooter,” Reuters quoted New Zealand; Police Commissioner Mike Bush as saying.
“Police are responding with its full capability to manage the situation, but the risk environment remains extremely high.”
The gunfight occurred in Al-Nur mosque area at Haggeli Park in Christchurch on Friday afternoon local time. There was a gunfight with security forces firing. Although the Jamuna TV claimed the local media had claimed that 27 people were killed while undergoing treatment, the country’s police have yet confirmed it.
Although the Jamuna TV claimed the local media had claimed that 27 people were killed while undergoing treatment, the country’s police have yet confirmed it. And player Tamim Iqbal told on Twitter that everyone is safe now. It will be decided later in the future about the specific game.
Mushfiqur Rahim told on his Facebook that he was very close to the attack. He said, ‘We are very lucky. Almighty Allah has protected us. Again, I do not want to face such an experience. Pray for us. ‘
3rd test NZ vs Ban called off following a Christchurch mosque attack
Bangladesh team escaped from a mosque near Hagley Park where there were active shooters. They ran back through Hagley Park back to the Oval. pic.twitter.com/VtkqSrljjV
— Mohammad Isam (@Isam84) March 15, 2019